Cucumber dosa or cucumber crepes are very simple, easy to make. Dosa has soft and lightly crisp texture and tastes delicious.
It can be instantly prepared and quite refreshing. Cucumber in crepes? why not? This is one of the delicacies from Southern Karnataka.
Crepes will have freshness and aroma of cucumber.
How to make cucumber crepes?
Mix grated cucumber along with spices in rice flour, add yogurt for softness.
Pour the batter on to a pan, and cook in medium flame.
When the bottom turns golden, flip the crepe, and serve along with Chutney.
I hope you like cucumber dosa. It is –
- melt- in-mouth
- & delicious
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
|Total Time||25 minutes|
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour (optional)
- 1 cup grated cucumber
- 1/4 cup grated coconut or coconut flour
- 1 inch grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp hing
- 2 finely chopped green chilli
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- handful of coriander leaves
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 1/4 cup curd/yogurt
- 1 cup water
- salt to taste
- Take a bowl, add cucumber, spices, coconut, flour ,salt and yogurt Combine well. Add water. Start with 1/4 cup of water and work your way up. Cover and let it rest for 10- 15 mins.
- Heat a cast iron pan and grease it well with ghee or coconut oil. Non stick pan can be used if no oil is preferred
- Pour the batter into the pan, spread lightly, and cover the pan. Cook it in low flame for 3-4 mins or until you hear spluttering sound.
- Remove the lid, and cook for another minute. Dosa will lightly roasted from the bottom now.
- flip and cook until golden brown on the other side for another minute
- Repeat the steps for remaining batter
If the rice flour is of good quality, and smooth, then you will be able to spread easily.
serve dosa hot with dollop of ghee and coconut chutney or chutney powder.
Did you make this recipe?
Keep in touch?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?