Oats – whole-grain cereal is one of the best nutritious food rich in protein and fiber. Easy Oats Porridge can be made within a few minutes.
Please follow the three-day rule before introducing any new food. to the baby. Always check with the doctor to know when you can start Oats for the baby. My little one was introduced with oats when he was around 8 months.
How to make Oats Porridge?
Rolled and steel-cut oats are preferred for the little ones. Steel-cut oats take a longer time to cook(around 30 mins), so if you are using them soak for half an hour to reduce the cooking time.
Rolled oats can be powdered and then used for preparing porridge. Powdered rolled oats are better for younger babies.
You may also like –
- 1/2 cup organic rolled oats or 4 tbsp powdered oats
- 1 finely chopped organic Medjool date or 1 tsp homemade date puree
- pinch of organic cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup water or more if needed
- Rinse the oats.
- In a pan bring water to boil, add oats, and finely chopped date.
- cover the pan, and cook for about 15 mins in low flame, until oats is very soft
- Add a pinch of cinnamon, and mix well.
- remove from the flame, allow to cool, and transfer to the bowl
- Medjool date is low fat and packed with nutrients, they have rich, caramel-like taste, soft and chewy texture. They are larger than regular dates. Pick organic one whenever possible.
- Almond powder can be added
- For older babies, other dry fruits can be added.