Also known as Daliya khichidi. Broken wheat is nutritious as it is rich in protein, fiber and iron.
It is a one pot meal- broken wheat and veggies along with spices are cooked together in a pressure cooker or Instant pot. It is incredibly light and healthy. The texture of the porridge is soft, which makes it easy for kids to eat.
I hope you like Broken wheat Porridge. It is is –
- and hearty.
Broken Wheat Kichidi
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
|Total Time||25 minutes|
Ingredients: 1 Cup = 240ml
- 1/2 cup cut carrot, beans, potato, tomatoes
- 4 tbsp broken wheat
- Pinch of Hing
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 inch grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 1- 2 tsp ghee
- In a pressure cooker, add all the ingredients with heated ghee. Saute for 2-3 minutes
- Add 1/2 cup water to the pressure cooker, give 4 whistles. Turn off the stove.
- Once the pressure is released, mash with fork and serve.
Get new recipe notification to your Mailbox
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?