Also known as Daliya khichidi. Broken wheat is nutritious as it is rich in protein, fiber and iron.
It is a one pot meal- broken wheat and veggies along with spices are cooked together in a pressure cooker or Instant pot. It is incredibly light and healthy. The texture of the porridge is soft, which makes it easy for kids to eat.
I hope you like Broken wheat Porridge. It is is –
- and hearty.
Broken Wheat Kichidi
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
|Total Time||25 minutes|
Ingredients: 1 Cup = 240ml
- 1/2 cup cut carrot, beans, potato, tomatoes
- 4 tbsp broken wheat
- Pinch of Hing
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 inch grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 1- 2 tsp ghee
- In a pressure cooker, add all the ingredients with heated ghee. Saute for 2-3 minutes
- Add 1/2 cup water to the pressure cooker, give 4 whistles. Turn off the stove.
- Once the pressure is released, mash with fork and serve.
Keep in touch?