Is there any salad recipe of yours that you can eat throughout the year? This Spicy Black Beans Quinoa is my favorite. Be it winter or summer, I love to add quinoa in my dishes, either to make bowls or salad or eat along with gravy. It is just so versatile.
Quinoa and black beans together with few basic spices make a healthy and scrumptious dish. So so satisfying. It’s vegan-friendly and is packed with nutrients that come from vegetables, beans, and a lot of flavours.
It is really easy to make and quick. You can add pretty much anything with Quinoa to make a bowl or salad. It is a combination of warm quinoa with fresh vegetables or beans is that I like the most about it. And I love to spice it up and toss in pomegranate or mango salsa!
This recipe does not need you to add any fancy dressings. Lime juice and cilantro or microgreens are just enough to get a delicious meal. If you do like to add dressings, you can use cranberry vinaigrette or lime-basil vinaigrette.
How to make Spicy Black Beans Quinoa?
In a pan, add oil. Add unsalted canned black beans. Saute for a minute. Next, add cumin, garlic, cayenne, curry powder, and mix until combined. Remove from the heat and allow it to cool.
Add pepper, cucumber, corn, bell pepper, onion, and cooked quinoa. Mix in the dressing made using lime juice, olive oil, salt & pepper. Toss in fresh pomegranate (totally optional). That’s it. The quinoa bowl is ready to be served.
This is perfect for lunch or dinner, or serve it as a side along with Mexican dish.
Hope you like Spicy Black Beans Quinoa. It is
- and quite satisfying
You may also like –
Spicy Black Beans Quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 +1/2 cups of water
Spicy Black Beans
- 1 16 oz canned black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 3/4 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp crushed roasted garlic 1-2 medium-sized clove
- handful of microgreens
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes optional
- salt to taste
- In a deep bottom skillet, bring 1+1/2 cups of water to boil along with salt. Cover and cook for 10-15 mins (or until germline is visible) on low flame. All the water must be gone. OR pressure cook in an instant pot for 1 minute. Remove from heat and let it stand for 5 mins. Fluff the quinoa.
- In a pan, roast garlic on low flame for 2-3 mins. Crush and keep it ready. In the same pan, add oil, add black beans and saute for a minute. Mix in the spices and remove from the heat.
- In a separate bowl, toss in black beans with spices, crushed roasted garlic, and veggies of your choice. Add in cooked quinoa along with dressing, and toss gently.
- Add in pomegranate and microgreens and serve.