Low carb, grain free Almond biscuits! Yes, there are super healthy, and delicious. Perfectly tender and fluffy. There are not like the regular one. They are keto and paleo friendly too!
If you are looking for healthy alternative for cookies or biscuits for the holidays, this one is for you. They are so good. Perfect for any occasion and great accompaniment from salad to tea.
Almond biscuits come together with just 7 ingredients and 25 minutes. Surprisingly, these are very easy to make. They do not rise much while baking due to lack of starch and gluten. Having said that, they are excellent, fragrant and good enough to binge on them (like I did today 😝)
This recipe is extremely versatile. You can add in spices and customise it per your taste. Here are few variations –
- Use Italian seasoning and sprinkle cheese
- Use garlic and thyme or rosemary (dried herbs)
- If you like them spicy, add paprika, cloves to almond biscuits.
- You can also add Indian spices like fennel seeds, coriander, nutmeg, and ginger to give that punchy kick of masala biscuit to serve along with Tea.
- or even better, just butter them up and have along with your breakfast (my kind of favourite)
If you want just paleo biscuits, use ghee (like I did), and for diary free option (Vegan), use coconut oil.
How do we make Almond Biscuits ?
Bring all wet ingredients in a bowl together – Ghee, flaxseed mix (egg substitute)Add in dry ingredients together- Almond flour, salt, baking powder, and lemon zest . Fennel seeds powder and ginger are optional.
Scoop them using cookie dough scoop, pack the cookie scoop well to avoid crumbling, make rounded shapes. Press them down lightly with a fork
I hope you love Almond biscuits. They’re
- & incredibly delicious
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
|Total Time||25 minutes|
Ingredients: 1 Cup =240ml
- 1 cup finely grounded almond flour
- 1/4 cup ghee or butter (room temperature)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1(1/2) tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp fennel seed powder(optional)
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 deg F.
- Prepare the flaxseed egg. 1 tbsp flaxseed powder with 2.5 tbsp water. Mix and rest it for a while
- Mix ghee, lemon zest, and salt. Add in flaxmeal prepared in Step 2.
- Gently fold in almond flour and then baking powder. You can also add spices of your choice here.
- Scoop tablespoonful of dough, make rounded shapes and place them in a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Press them down with a fork or with your palm for even baking.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden and lightly crisp corners.
- Cool on the baking tray.
Use spoon level full of butter or ghee. It may turn out dry otherwise.
Keep in touch?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?