Low carb, Gluten-free Almond Buttermilk biscuits! Yes, there are super healthy, and delicious. Perfectly tender and fluffy. They are keto and paleo-friendly too!
If you are looking for a healthy alternative for cookies or biscuits, this one is for you. They are so good. Also, Perfect for any occasion and great accompaniment from salad to tea.
Almond biscuits come together with just a few ingredients and 25 minutes. Surprisingly, these are very easy to make. However, they do not rise much while baking due to lack of starch and gluten. Having said that, they are excellent, fragrant and good enough to binge on them (like I did today 😝)
This buttermilk biscuit recipe is extremely versatile. You can add in spices and customize it per your taste. I used poppy seeds and rosemary. Here are few variations that you can try –
- Use Italian seasoning and sprinkle cheese
- Use garlic and thyme or rosemary (dried herbs)
- If you like them spicy, add paprika, cloves to almond biscuits.
- You can also add Indian spices like fennel seeds, coriander, nutmeg, and ginger to give that punchy kick of masala biscuit to serve along with Tea.
- or even better, just butter them up and have along with your breakfast (my kind of favourite)
If you want just paleo biscuits, use ghee, and for diary free option (Vegan), use coconut oil.
How do we make Almond Buttermilk Biscuits ?
First, bring all wet ingredients in a bowl together – Coconut oil, buttermilk or sour cream, flaxseed mix (egg substitute).
Next, add in dry ingredients together- Almond flour, salt, baking powder, and lemon zest. Fennel seeds powder and ginger are optional.
once the dough comes together, scoop it using cookie dough scoop and place them on baking mat Press them down lightly with fork or spoon.
I hope you love Buttermilk biscuits. They’re
- & incredibly delicious
Your valuable feedback is appreciated. If you try this recipe, leave a comment below, rate it, or tag a photo #eateriesdelightful on Instagram 🙂
You may also like –
Almond Buttermilk Biscuits
- 1 cup finely ground almond flour
- 1/4 cup sour cream or buttermilk room temperature
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp fennel seed powder optional
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder optional
- optional toppings rosemary, poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 deg F.
- Prepare the flaxseed egg. 1 tbsp flaxseed powder with 2.5 tbsp water. Mix and rest it for a while
- Mix oil, lemon zest, buttermilk, and salt. Add in flax meal prepared in Step 2.
- Gently fold in almond flour and then baking powder. You can also add spices of your choice here.
- Scoop tablespoonful of dough, make rounded shapes, and place them in a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Press them down with a fork or with your palm for even baking.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden and lightly crisp corners.
- Cool on the baking tray.
Did you make this recipe?
Get new recipe notification to your Mailbox
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?