One-Bowl Whole Wheat Banana Nut Muffins are delicious, flavourful and hearty. It has a soft, fluffy, and moist texture and this recipe comes out perfectly every single time. They are easy to make and all you need is one bowl and a wooden spoon to stir all the ingredients! And, it is Eggless. These soft whole wheat banana nut muffins are sugar-free, walnuts are added for crunch, and studded with mini chocolate chips(optional).
Banana Nut Muffins are perfect for breakfast or snack for children. They are quite quick to bake too. You will need 2-3 large very ripe bananas and few basic kitchen ingredients. Make them two batches as they get over pretty quickly! You can also customize the toppings per your choice. You can make it crumbly top or add rolled oats for whole-grain texture
If you’ve got overripe bananas these banana nut muffins are the perfect way to enjoy them. Or you could treat yourself with Indian delicacies- Banana Paddu or Puffed Banana Pooris.
How to make Whole Wheat Banana Nut Muffins?
Ingredients that you need to make this recipe . Most of the ingredients are basic.
- Whole wheat flour: Base of the muffin batter is this flour
- Ripe Bananas: Use brown spotted bananas. Riper the bananas, better the taste.
- Milk: Milk adds the moisture that is needed for the muffins. Use diary free milk for Vegan option
- Coconut Oil or Butter: Necessary fat for muffins. Coconut oil makes the muffins moister.
- Maple syrup or honey or jaggery: Used as sweetener.
- Vanilla Essence, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, & All Spice: add flavour & aroma to the muffins
- Nuts: Chopped any nuts of your choice
- Instant Coffee or Espresso: Enhances the flavour of banana in the muffins
- Mini Chocolate chips (optional): I just add them to impress my little one! I use this chocolate chips
- & leavening agents
Few tips :
- This recipe is written for 1+1/2 cups mashed bananas. If you only have 2 bananas, the banana flavor will slightly less in these muffins. If the batter is too thick add tbsp or more milk.
- Like almost any muffin recipe, over-mixed batter lends a denser muffin. So, just mix until everything is combined.
Preheat the oven and let’s begin the bake session.
First, Mash the bananas thoroughly .
Then, add all the wet ingredients together. Milk, oil/butter, Maple syrup & espresso. If you are using instant coffee, then mix it in with water first and then add it to the bowl. Combine well.
Next, add in whole wheat flour, spices, baking soda, & baking powder. Mix until everything is just combined. Do not overmix.
Fold in chopped nuts.
Place the liners in the muffin pan . Pour the batter onto each liner.
Bake at 375F for 23-25 mins. Or until toothpick comes clean.
Let the muffins cool down for 5 minutes in the muffin pan, then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
Store the muffins in room temperature for a couple of days and up-to a week in refrigerator.
Butter a slice of these muffins or top it with confectionary sugar or just pair it with hot cup of chai or coffee!
I hope you like the recipe . It is –
- Moist &
- Incredibly delicious
Your valuable feedback is appreciated. If you try this recipe, leave a comment below, rate it, or tag a photo #eateriesdelightful on Instagram 🙂
Whole Wheat Banana Nut Muffins
- 2-3 large ripe bananas about 1+1/4 cup mashed
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil (add a tbsp extra if you are using butter
- 1/2 cup milk or non-dairy milk for vegan option
- 2 tbsp espresso or strong coffee //optional
- 2/3 cup maple syrup or honey or 1/3 +1/4 brown sugar
- 1 tbsp flaxseed powder mixed in with 3 tbsp water
- 1 and 1/2 cups whole wheat flour spoon & leveled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground all spice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- approximately 1/2 cup of chopped nuts
- mini chocolate chips optional
- Pre-heat oven to 375F
- Mash the bananas thoroughly .
- Then, add all the wet ingredients together. Milk, oil/butter,Maple syrup & espresso. If you are using instant coffee, then mix it in with water first and then add it. Combine well.
- Next, add all dry ingredients- whole wheat flour, spices, baking soda, & baking powder. Mix until everything is combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold in chopped nuts.
- Place the liners in the muffin pan . Pour the batter onto each liner. Bake at 375F for 22-24 mins. Or until toothpick comes clean.
- Let the muffins cool down for 5 minutes in the muffin pan, then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
- Store the muffins in room temperature for a couple of days and up-to a week in refrigerator.
- coconut oil and butter induce different levels of moisture to the muffins. Muffins tend to be on the moister side when coconut oil is used.
- The type of sweetener will also add a slight change in the texture and flavor of the Muffins.
- If you are using jaggery, add a little more than what recipe calls for. Finally, adjust the spices and sweetness according to your taste.
- I used maple syrup and coconut oil while making this recipe
- Swap 1/2 cup of flour with rolled oats for whole grains and chewy texture in the muffins.
Leave a Reply