Also called as akki shavige/ shavige uppittu.
This recipe is for infants older than 10 months. My son is little older than a year, and loves to eat this for snack. Preparation is quick and easy. When I prepare this recipe for his breakfast, I add finely chopped carrots, beans, and peas too.
Different brands have their own way of cooking vermicelli. I use Anil rice vermicelli, and vermicelli is cooked as per the instructions given in the packet.
- 1 cup rice vermicelli
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- pinch of Hing
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp jaggery powder
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped finely.
If you have introduced spice to your tot, you can add 1/4 tsp of black pepper powder too.
1. Boil two cups of water in a pot, along with salt. Turn off the stove, add 1 cup of vermicelli, cover the lid for 5-6mins.
2. Vermicelli will be cooked by now. Drain the excess water from cooked vermicelli
3. In a pan – heat ghee, add cumin seeds, hing, ginger, grated coconut, saute for about a minute. Add cooked vermicelli, coriander leaves now and mix gently.
4. Let it cool a little, serve fresh.
Tip: If you want to add vegetables, boil them separately and mix it at the end. This will avoid a lot of ghee/oil needed for sauteing vegetables.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?