Easy Blueberry Compote recipe is super easy to make and tastes just amazing. Mix it with your morning oatmeal or pudding or yogurt, use it as a topping for pancakes or waffles. Even better, looking for dessert? Top vanilla ice cream with this easy and delicious compote. Does it get any better than this? 😃
Compote is made by cooking fresh or frozen fruit along with a sweetner or juice, and spices are added to create a syrupy and chunky dessert. Natural pectin in the fruit helps it thicken. Basically this is a recipe you can pull together on a whim. Also, it can be adapted to suit whatever fruit is in season.
How to make Blueberry Compote ?
A simple concept. Throw in fresh fruit, sweetener (I used jaggery in the recipe), and little water (you can opt for juice too) in a pot.
Bring it to boil. Simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes.
For more flavor, add ginger, cinnamon, or any other spice of your choice.
You can use this as topping for –
I hope you like this recipe. It is –
- slightly tart
- perfect as topping for all your breakfast or icecreams
|Prep Time :||5 minutes|
|Cook Time :||15 minutes|
|Total Time :||20 minutes|
Ingredients: 1 cup =240 ml
- 1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup jaggery (vary this amount based on the sweetness of the fruit)
- 2 tsp orange juice
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp water
- pinch of lemon zest
- Bring all ingredients together in a pot.
- Allow the mixture to boil.
- Simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the syrup thickens.
- Allow cool and transfer it to a airtight jar.
- You can add 1 tsp chia seeds for thickening if needed, after removing from the heat.
- If you are using chunkier fruit, while the fruit is simmering, mash the fruit a little using potato masher for even consistency.