Easy Blueberry Compote recipe is super easy to make and tastes just amazing. Mix it with your morning oatmeal or pudding or yogurt, use it as a topping for pancakes or waffles. Even better, looking for dessert? Top vanilla ice cream with this easy and delicious compote. Does it get any better than this? 😃
Compote is made by cooking fresh or frozen fruit along with a sweetner or juice, and spices are added to create a syrupy and chunky dessert. Natural pectin in the fruit helps it thicken. Basically this is a recipe you can pull together on a whim. Also, it can be adapted to suit whatever fruit is in season.
How to make Blueberry Compote ?
A simple concept. Throw in fresh fruit, sweetener (I used jaggery in the recipe), and little water (you can opt for juice too) in a pot.
Bring it to boil. Simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes.
For more flavor, add ginger, cinnamon, or any other spice of your choice.
You can use this as topping for –
I hope you like this recipe. It is –
- slightly tart
- perfect as topping for all your breakfast or icecreams
|Prep Time :||5 minutes|
|Cook Time :||15 minutes|
|Total Time :||20 minutes|
Ingredients: 1 cup =240 ml
- 1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup jaggery (vary this amount based on the sweetness of the fruit)
- 2 tsp orange juice
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp water
- pinch of lemon zest
- Bring all ingredients together in a pot.
- Allow the mixture to boil.
- Simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the syrup thickens.
- Allow cool and transfer it to a airtight jar.
- You can add 1 tsp chia seeds for thickening if needed, after removing from the heat.
- If you are using chunkier fruit, while the fruit is simmering, mash the fruit a little using potato masher for even consistency.
Get new recipe notification to your Mailbox
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?