A perfect snack and side, with a kick of Jalapeño paired with subtle sweetness from honey and Jaggery. Butter these beautiful muffins for extra deliciousness. And the best part is these are fluffy!
My husband and I were regular at this restaurant Z’tejas. It was for their cornbread, I would say best one I have had. Hot cornbread with butter is lip smacking. On that note, I am sharing eggless Cornbread Muffin recipe (bake from scratch) as muffins are easier to hold and doesn’t look like Dhokla. You can pretty much the same recipe for making cornbread with just a little alterations .
These eggless savory muffins have a lovely golden brown exterior, and airy, and a little moist when you break them open. (I have a secret ingredient for moist muffins!) .They’re best served fresh from the oven as side or snack with butter whipped on them. It takes just about 5 minutes to make the batter and you can adjust the spice level by adding more or less Jalapeños.
How to make Cornbread Muffins?
Pretty much simple, bring all wet ingredients together, combine.
add dry ingredients. Combine well. Add leavening agents at the end to avoid overmixing. Pour the batter into each cupcake lined moulds and bake.
Allow it to cool on the pan for a while and then transfer it to a wired rack.
I hope you like the Cornbread muffin recipe. It is –
- & incredibly delicious
|Prep Time :||10 minutes|
|Cook Time :||15-20 minutes|
|Total Time :||30 minutes|
Ingredients: 1 cup =240 ml
- 1 cup fine cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- approximately 1/4 tsp salt
- 1(1/2 )tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 finely chopped Jalapeños (deseed and add more for flavor)
- 1 tbsp flaxseed powder
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup melted butter + 2 tbsp oil or butter
- 1 cup buttermilk (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup +1 tbsp jaggery
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and place liners on the muffin tray.
- In a large bowl, melt the butter, and combine buttermilk, jaggery and honey.
- Next add all the dry ingredients except the leavening agent. Combine well. Next add add leavening agent and gently mix.
- Pour the batter on to each muffin tray and set them to bake.
- bake until edges are golden brown or toothpick comes clean. Should take about 15 mins.
- Allow cool for 5 mins and then store it in room temperature.
- Tastes the best when warm.
Note: recipe adapted from FoodNetwork.
Keep in touch?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?