Cornbread Muffins – A perfect snack and side, with a kick of Jalapeño paired with subtle sweetness from honey and Jaggery. Butter these beautiful muffins for extra deliciousness. And the best part is these are fluffy on the inside!
My husband and I were regular at this restaurant Z’tejas. It was for their cornbread, I would say the best one I have had. Hot cornbread with butter is lip-smacking. On that note, I am sharing eggless Cornbread Muffin recipe (bake from scratch) as muffins are easier to hold and don’t look like Dhokla.
How to make Cornbread Muffins?
Pretty much simple, bring all wet ingredients together, combine.
add dry ingredients. Combine well. Add leavening agents at the end to avoid overmixing. Pour the batter into each cupcake lined molds and bake. Use fine cornmeal. I used medium-fine cornmeal in the picture below. You can use that too, but it may end up a little crumbly. Tastes great, nevertheless.
Allow it to cool on the pan for a while and then transfer it to a wired rack.
I hope you like the Cornbread muffin recipe. It is –
- & incredibly delicious
You may also like –
Your valuable feedback is appreciated. If you try this recipe, leave a comment below, rate it, or tag a photo #eateriesdelightful on Instagram 🙂
- 1 cup fine cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- approximately 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 finely chopped Jalapeños //deseed and add more for flavor
- 1 tbsp flaxseed powder
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup melted butter + 2 tbsp oil or butter
- 1 cup buttermilk (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup +1 tbsp jaggery
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and place liners on the muffin tray.
- In a large bowl, melt the butter, and combine buttermilk, jaggery, and honey.
- Next, add all the dry ingredients except the leavening agent. Combine well. Next, add a leavening agent and gently mix.
- Pour the batter on to each muffin tray and set them to bake.
- bake until edges are golden brown or toothpick comes clean. It should take about 15 mins.
- Allow cool for 5 mins and then store it at room temperature.
- Tastes the best when warm.
Note: recipe adapted from FoodNetwork.
Did you make this recipe?
Get new recipe notification to your Mailbox
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?