Sabudana kichadi or Sago Kichidi is loaded with carbohydrates, and protein from peas. It is a good breakfast or ‘evening snack’ for you little one.
Prepared using sabudana or tapioca, tossed in little ghee, ground cumin and jaggery . You can also top it with crushed cashews. Make sure to soak them first.
This can also be introduced to babies around 9 months – when they are ready to try variety of food. Serve the kichidi with yogurt.
How to make easy Sabudana Kichidi ?
Saute soaked and drained tapioca in ghee, add cumin, and jaggery. Add vegetables like peas or potato and cook for few mins.
Add few drops of lemon and serve hot.
|Prep Time||1 hour 10 minutes (Includes soak time)|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
|Total Time||25 minutes|
- 1/2 cup tapioca
- 1 tbsp fresh cooked green peas or potatoes
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp jaggery powder
- 2-3 tsp Ghee
- Salt to taste (for babies older than 1 year)
- 2-3 drops of lemon(optional)
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped cilantro(optional)
- Soak tapioca in 3/4 cup of water. Drain the water after an hour. Tapioca would have swollen up, leave it aside for 10-15 mins.
- In a pan, add ghee and tapioca and saute for a minute
- Add fresh green peas/potato, ground cumin, jaggery powder, and salt. Mix and close the lid for about 3 minutes. saute gently to keep tapioca from the sticking to the pan.
- Cook until tapioca is soft and transparent.
- Add a few drops of lemon and finely chopped cilantro, if the kiddo likes it.
Get new recipe notification to your Mailbox
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?