If you are bored of red sauce marinara or pesto(seriously, I can never get bored of pesto though), then try this creamy, rich, and comforting roasted red pepper sauce Pasta. It has the right balance of savory and subtle sweet flavours and it a true winner!
The sauce gets its flavor from sauteed garlic, roasted peppers, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and milk. Combination of these gives you savory pasta with perfect amount of sweat and heat. Top it with basil or cilantro for freshness of herb.
Make this dish for a simple weeknight meal or reserve it for gatherings with friends. Use any pasta you like. I use gluten free quinoa fusilli in the recipe.
How to make Roasted Red Pepper Pasta ?
Heat oil in a iron skillet. I like the peppers a little charred, iron skillet helps me do that. Saute garlic and peppers for a few minutes. When the edges of peppers turn dark, allow cool.
In the meantime, cook pasta as per instructions given in the packet. When pasta is almost cooked, add broccoli and cook for few more minutes. Drain and keep the pasta ready.
Transfer sauteed peppers to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth
Then simmer the sauce in medium flame to thicken, add spices and adjust salt.
Mix in cooked pasta. Top it with fresh herbs and cheese if you like.
I hope you like this recipe. It is –
- subtly sweet
- rich and comforting
- & incredibly delicious
Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
|Prep Time :||10 minutes|
|Cook Time :||20 minutes|
|Total Time :||30 minutes|
Ingredients: 1 cup =240 ml
- 1 1/2 cup pasta (penne, fusilli, spaghetti, approximately 12 oz)
- 2 red peppers
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- salt to taste
- 11/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp roasted whole wheat flour
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch of red chilli flakes(based on the heat you like)
- 1/2 cup broccoli
- 1 tsp thyme(optional)
- handful of basil or cilantro or parsley
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large skillet. Add garlic and chopped peppers. Saute for 8-10 minutes. Until the edges of pepper is charred. Allow cool
- In a pot, boil water along with salt and cook the pasta as per instruction given in the packet. When pasta is almost cooked, add broccoli and cook for few minutes. Drain the excess water.
- Transfer roasted peppers and garlic to a blender. Add milk,wheat flour and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Place the sauce back in the skillet. Add oil if needed, and simmer until thick. Add black pepper, and red chilli flakes, thyme. Adjust salt.
- Add pasta once the sauce has thickened.
- Serve with vegan shredded cheese, red chilli flakes and fresh basil.
Keep in touch?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?