Is there any recipe of yours that you can eat anytime? or throughout the year? This Cilantro Lime Quinoa is my favourite. I make it so often at home. We all love it.
Be it winter or summer, I love to add quinoa in my dishes, either to make bowls or salad or eat along with gravy. It is so versatile.
Cilantro Lime quinoa and black beans is healthy and scrumptious dish. So so satisfying. It’s vegan-friendly and is packed with nutrients that comes from vegetables, beans, and with lots of flavour.
It is really easy to make and quick. You can add pretty much anything with Quinoa to make a bowl or salad. It is combination of warm quinoa with fresh vegetables or beans is what I like the most about it. And I love to spice it up and toss in pomegranate or mango salsa !
This recipe does not need you to add any fancy dressings. Lime juice and cilantro is just enough to get a delicious meal. If you do like to add dressings, you can use cranberry vinaigrette or lime-basil vinaigrette.
How to make Cilantro Lime Quinoa with black beans?
In a bowl mix in black beans, cucumber (I used unsalted canned beans) with red chilli flakes(or Lime- chilli seasoning), pepper, salt and cumin. let it sit for 10 mins. Add in Lime juice, cilantro and cooked quinoa. Toss in fresh pomegranate (totally optional). That’s it. Quinoa bowl is ready to be served.
This is perfect for lunch or dinner, or serve it as a side along with Mexican dish.
Hope you like Cilantro Lime Quinoa with spicy black beans. It is
- and quite satisfying
Cilantro Lime Quinoa with spicy black beans
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
|Total Time||30 minutes|
|Category:||Lunch, Dinner, Sides|
Ingredients : 1 cup =240 ml
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 1 16oz canned black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp crushed roasted garlic (1-2 medium sized clove)
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes or smoked Cayenne pepper or chilli-lime seasoning
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp pomegranate (optional)
- In a deep bottom skillet, bring 2 cups of water to boil along with salt. Cover and cook for 10-15 mins (or until germ line is visible) in low flame. All the water must be gone.
- In a non-stick pan, roast garlic in low flame for 2-3 mins. Crush and keep it ready
- Remove from heat and let it stand for 5 mins. Fluff the quinoa.
- In a separate bowl, toss in black beans with spices, crushed roasted garlic and cucumber. Add in cooked quinoa along with lime juice and cilantro. Combine.
- Add in pomegranate and combine everything and serve.
Keep in touch?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?