Sabudana Khichdi or Sago Khichdi is loaded with carbohydrates and protein from peas. It is a good breakfast or ‘evening snack’ for your little one.
This can be introduced to babies around 9 months – when they are ready to try a variety of food. Serve the kichadi with yogurt.
Prepared using sabudana or tapioca, tossed in little ghee, ground cumin and jaggery . You can also top it with crushed cashews. Make sure to soak them first.
How to make easy Sabudana Khichdi ?
Saute soaked and drained tapioca pearls in ghee, add cumin, and jaggery. Add vegetables like peas or potato and cook for a few mins.
Add few drops of lemon and serve hot.
You may also like –
Your valuable feedback is appreciated. If you try this recipe, leave a comment below, rate it, or tag a photo #eateriesdelightful on Instagram 🙂
- 1/2 cup tapioca
- 1 tbsp fresh cooked green peas or potatoes
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp jaggery powder
- 2-3 tsp Ghee
- Salt to taste for babies older than 1 year
- 2-3 drops of lemon optional
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped cilantro optional
- Soak tapioca in 3/4 cup of hot water. Drain the water after half an hour. Tapioca would have swollen up, leave it aside for 10-15 mins.
- In a pan, add ghee and tapioca and saute for a minute
- Add fresh green peas/potato, ground cumin, jaggery powder, and salt. Mix and close the lid for about 3 minutes. saute gently to keep tapioca from the sticking to the pan.
- Cook until tapioca is soft and transparent.
- Add a few drops of lemon and finely chopped cilantro, if the kiddo likes it.
Did you make this recipe?