Sabudana Khichdi or Sago Khichdi is loaded with carbohydrates and protein from peas. It is a good breakfast or ‘evening snack’ for your little one.
This can be introduced to babies around 9 months – when they are ready to try a variety of food. Serve the kichadi with yogurt.
Prepared using sabudana or tapioca, tossed in little ghee, ground cumin and jaggery . You can also top it with crushed cashews. Make sure to soak them first.
How to make easy Sabudana Khichdi ?
Saute soaked and drained tapioca pearls in ghee, add cumin, and jaggery. Add vegetables like peas or potato and cook for a few mins.
Add few drops of lemon and serve hot.
You may also like –
Your valuable feedback is appreciated. If you try this recipe, leave a comment below, rate it, or tag a photo #eateriesdelightful on Instagram 🙂
- 1/2 cup tapioca
- 1 tbsp fresh cooked green peas or potatoes
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp jaggery powder
- 2-3 tsp Ghee
- Salt to taste for babies older than 1 year
- 2-3 drops of lemon optional
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped cilantro optional
- Soak tapioca in 3/4 cup of hot water. Drain the water after half an hour. Tapioca would have swollen up, leave it aside for 10-15 mins.
- In a pan, add ghee and tapioca and saute for a minute
- Add fresh green peas/potato, ground cumin, jaggery powder, and salt. Mix and close the lid for about 3 minutes. saute gently to keep tapioca from the sticking to the pan.
- Cook until tapioca is soft and transparent.
- Add a few drops of lemon and finely chopped cilantro, if the kiddo likes it.
Did you make this recipe?
Get new recipe notification to your Mailbox
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?