Thai-inspired crunchy quinoa peanut salad has quinoa loaded with vibrantly colored cabbage, carrots, bell peppers, green onion, cilantro & edamame, tossed in delicious homemade peanut sauce, and topped with sesame seeds and salted/toasted peanuts sesame seeds. This salad with peanut sauce will definitely be your new addition.
A few years ago, my husband and I had a delicious Thai – style salad tossed in peanut sauce. Since then I have been making peanut sauce at home and it has only been improving in taste over time. I usually toss rice noodles in peanut sauce, add whatever vegetables are available in the refrigerator for making a quick meal. Swapped noodles with quinoa for a healthier recipe. It is also vegan and soy-free.
How to make Crunchy Quinoa Peanut Salad?
Use stovetop or IP to cook quinoa. Use package instruction to cook quinoa on stove top. If you are using IP, cook 1 cup quinoa with 1.25 cups of water with tsp of salt & water for 1 minute.
Once the quinoa is cooked, allow to cool.
Chop the veggies and place them in a large salad mixing bowl.
Prepare the dressing using peanut butter, coconut aminos, sesame oil, rice vinegar, ginger, sweetener, lime juice & red chili flakes.
Toss this dressing over veggies and quinoa. Gently mix to combine.
Top the salad with toasted peanuts and sesame seeds for the crunch.
You may also like –
Your valuable feedback is appreciated. If you try this recipe, leave a comment below, rate it, or tag a photo #eateriesdelightful on Instagram 🙂
Crunchy Quinoa Peanut Salad
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 thinly sliced bell pepper red, yellow or green
- 2 shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup edamame or peas or chickpeas
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- peanuts and sesame seeds for topping
- Salt to taste
Peanut Dressing –
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos soy sauce substitute
- Juice of 1 key lime
- 1 tsp rice vinegar or apple cider
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or brown sugar or honey
- Red chilli flakes to taste
- 1 tsp ginger I used 2 tsp because I like ginger 😬
- 2-3 tbsp warm water add more if needed
- Cook quinoa as per the pack, add salt while cooking. If you are using IP, 1:1 water to quinoa, pressure cook for 1 minute. Allow it to cook
- Chop the veggies and place them in a large bowl.
- Prepare the dressing – whisk all the ingredients together or you can use blender to combining the ingredients. I skipped salt in the dressing. Add if needed.
- Combine quinoa, dressing and vegetables. Top it with peanuts and sesame seeds. Let the salad rest for atleast 10 mins. You can serve it at room temperature or as a cold salad.
Did you make this recipe?
Get new recipes delivered directly to your inbox
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?