Smashed Potatoes are incredibly crispy on the outside and perfectly tender on the inside. It is amazing as a side dish to any meal. These crispy smashed potatoes are fun to eat for brunch or dinner and taste the best when they are hot and fresh. So serving right off the baking pan is best.
This recipe came out so good that a couple of them were gone before the pics were clicked and then we devoured on them using sour cream as a dip. If you have never eaten smashed potatoes, then it’s a real treat for you. Try it out. If you have tried smashed potatoes then try this version with mint chutney.
How to make Crispy Smashed Potatoes?
Pre-heat oven to 450 F and line the baking tray or spray cooking oil over the tray.
In a large pot bring water to boil, add cleaned, and scrubbed baby potatoes. Boil for 15-20 mins or until tender. Add salt while boiling.
Drain the water and allow it to cool.
Place the boiled potatoes on the baking tray, and gently smash them using a fork or potato masher. After the smash, potatoes still need to be in one piece.
Prepare the drizzle by mixing butter or olive oil with finely minced garlic and mint leaves and salt. Brush the potatoes thoroughly using this, add cheese and bake for 18-20 mins until golden and crispy.
Note: Add a little extra salt while baking potatoes because potatoes without salt are not fun at all. So go easy on the salt.
Next, soak almonds in hot water for 10 mins and then prepare mint chutney using mint leaves, garlic, green chilies, & soaked almonds. add olive oil on a need basis. Pulse blend everything in a blender for a coarse texture. or food processor except for the olive oil for a few minutes.
Top the crispy smashed potatoes with mint chutney and serve immediately. Remember Tastes best when served right off the baking pan.
I hope you like the crispy smashed potatoes recipe. It is –
- Tender on the inside
- Loaded with flavor
- & incredibly delicious
You may also like –
Your valuable feedback is appreciated. If you try this recipe, leave a comment below, rate it, or tag a photo #eateriesdelightful on Instagram 🙂
Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- 12-15 baby potatoes
- 3 cloves garlic pressed or finely minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp parmesan.
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups tightly packed mint
- 10-12 soaked almonds
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-2 green chilies //can skip or add more based on your spice intake
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line the baking sheet or spray it with cooking oil.
- Bring water to boil in a large pot & cook potatoes until tender, about 15-20 minutes; drain well.
- Place potatoes onto the baking sheet.
- Using a potato masher or fork, smash the potatoes until flattened carefully but it should still be one piece.
- Top with olive oil or butter, salt garlic, mint & cheese.
- Place into oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
- have a mint chutney ready while potatoes are being baked. To make mint chutney, pulse grind mint, garlic, soaked almonds, green chillies until it is coarse ground and then add olive oil, salt & combine
- Top the crispy potatoes with mint chutney and serve immediately
- Go easy on salt while adding to the potatoes
Did you make this recipe?
Get new recipes delivered directly to your inbox
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?