Coconut lovers, this chocolate chip coconut muffins recipe is for you. They are so fun and tropical, thanks to pistachios, chocolate chip & shredded coconut you will find on the muffin tops and inside.
These muffins are moist, soft, and fluffy. I mean, look at the texture. The best part is these muffins are eggless and sugar-free. A perfectly done crispy muffin top that will pop off easily and fluffy body that makes them stand tall. hello, healthy-ish muffins!
These chocolate chip studded muffins bake up ultra moist and tender! It is the ultimate combination of coconut oil, dairy-free milk, and maple syrup for that! And, we use pistachios along with coconut for a tropical feel!
How to make Chocolate Chip Coconut Muffins?
Ok, so one of the best things about this recipe? Anyone can master this recipe by following these simple steps 😀
Here is the ingredients that you would need for this recipe
- AP flour
- coconut oil
- leavening agents
- dried shredded coconut
- coconut milk or any non-dairy milk
- agave or maple syrup
- chocolate nibs
- crushed pistachios
- Mix the batter just enough – Do not overmix the batter, this will lead to muffins not rise and stand tall. It also results in a dense, hard, & dry muffins.
- Avoid burnt Muffin bottom – Baking the muffins on the center rack in your oven prevents the bottom of the muffin from getting burnt.
- Tall Muffin tops -Start baking the muffins at a high temperature, then lower the temperature after a few minutes. Doing this will help the muffins to rise up very quickly at high temperature – and guarantees that desired tall muffin tops and inside is cooked evenly at a lower temperature. Just be sure to lower the oven temperature after 6 minutes
- keep your muffins from getting soggy – While these are best eaten on the day it is made, they will keep in an airtight store for up to 3 days. But, first, allow the muffins to completely cool down before storing it in an air-tight container.
How to make it?
Pre-heat the oven to 430F. Line the muffin tray and keep it ready
In a bowl, combine oil, milk, agave, & salt.
Next, add all the dry ingredients – cocoa powder, all-purpose flour, shredded coconut, baking powder, baking soda & salt. Mix just enough
Finally, fold in chocolate nibs and crushed pistachios. Note: Batter will be thick.
Pour the batter onto each liner, add shredded coconut or crushed pistachios as a topping and bake for 6 mins at 430F. Set the timer and reduce the oven temperature to 350F exactly after 6 mins. It is one of the necessary steps for making soft muffins.
Bake @350F for another 15-18 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.
Allow the muffins to cool down for 5 mins, and place them on a wired rack for further cooling.
Serve warm along with a hot cup of coffee! Enjoy!
I hope you like Chocolate Chip Coconut Muffins recipe. It is-
- perfectly sweetened
- & scrumptious
Your valuable feedback is appreciated. If you try this recipe, leave a comment below, rate it, or tag a photo #eateriesdelightful on Instagram 🙂
You may also like –
Chocolate Coconut Muffins
- 1+1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 + 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 +1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup dried shredded coconut + more for topping
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chopped or crushed pistachios + more for topping
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup agave syrup or maple syrup
- .1. Pre-heat oven to 430F.
- In a bowl, add all wet ingredients together. Combine.
- Next, Add flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, chopped pistachios, shredded coconut and mix until everything is just combined
- 4.Place the liners in the muffin pan . Pour the batter onto each liner. Bake at 430 F for 5 mins. Bring down oven temperature to 350F and bake for another 18-20 mins. Or until toothpick comes clean.
- Let the muffins cool down for 5 minutes in the muffin pan, then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
- Store the muffins in room temperature for a couple of days and up-to a week in refrigerator.
- Coconut oil and butter induce different levels of moisture to the muffins. Muffins tend to be on the moister side when coconut oil is used.
- The type of sweetener will also add a slight change in the texture and flavor of the Muffins.
Did you make this recipe?
Get new recipes delivered directly to your inbox
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?