Coconut lovers, this chocolate chip coconut muffins recipe is for you. They are so fun and tropical, thanks to pistachios, chocolate chip & shredded coconut you will find on the muffin tops and inside.
These muffins are moist, soft, and fluffy. I mean, look at the texture. The best part is these muffins are eggless and sugar-free. A perfectly done crispy muffin top that will pop off easily and fluffy body that makes them stand tall. hello, healthy-ish muffins!
These chocolate chip studded muffins bake up ultra moist and tender! It is the ultimate combination of coconut oil, dairy-free milk, and maple syrup for that! And, we use pistachios along with coconut for a tropical feel!
How to make Chocolate Chip Coconut Muffins?
Ok, so one of the best things about this recipe? Anyone can master this recipe by following these simple steps 😀
Here is the ingredients that you would need for this recipe
- AP flour
- coconut oil
- leavening agents
- dried shredded coconut
- coconut milk or any non-dairy milk
- agave or maple syrup
- chocolate nibs
- crushed pistachios
- Mix the batter just enough – Do not overmix the batter, this will lead to muffins not rise and stand tall. It also results in a dense, hard, & dry muffins.
- Avoid burnt Muffin bottom – Baking the muffins on the center rack in your oven prevents the bottom of the muffin from getting burnt.
- Tall Muffin tops -Start baking the muffins at a high temperature, then lower the temperature after a few minutes. Doing this will help the muffins to rise up very quickly at high temperature – and guarantees that desired tall muffin tops and inside is cooked evenly at a lower temperature. Just be sure to lower the oven temperature after 6 minutes
- keep your muffins from getting soggy – While these are best eaten on the day it is made, they will keep in an airtight store for up to 3 days. But, first, allow the muffins to completely cool down before storing it in an air-tight container.
How to make it?
Pre-heat the oven to 430F. Line the muffin tray and keep it ready
In a bowl, combine oil, milk, agave, & salt.
Next, add all the dry ingredients – cocoa powder, all-purpose flour, shredded coconut, baking powder, baking soda & salt. Mix just enough
Finally, fold in chocolate nibs and crushed pistachios. Note: Batter will be thick.
Pour the batter onto each liner, add shredded coconut or crushed pistachios as a topping and bake for 6 mins at 430F. Set the timer and reduce the oven temperature to 350F exactly after 6 mins. It is one of the necessary steps for making soft muffins.
Bake @350F for another 15-18 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.
Allow the muffins to cool down for 5 mins, and place them on a wired rack for further cooling.
Serve warm along with a hot cup of coffee! Enjoy!
I hope you like Chocolate Chip Coconut Muffins recipe. It is-
- perfectly sweetened
- & scrumptious
Your valuable feedback is appreciated. If you try this recipe, leave a comment below, rate it, or tag a photo #eateriesdelightful on Instagram 🙂
You may also like –
Chocolate Coconut Muffins
- 1+1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 + 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 +1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup dried shredded coconut + more for topping
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chopped or crushed pistachios + more for topping
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup agave syrup or maple syrup
- .1. Pre-heat oven to 430F.
- In a bowl, add all wet ingredients together. Combine.
- Next, Add flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, chopped pistachios, shredded coconut and mix until everything is just combined
- 4.Place the liners in the muffin pan . Pour the batter onto each liner. Bake at 430 F for 5 mins. Bring down oven temperature to 350F and bake for another 18-20 mins. Or until toothpick comes clean.
- Let the muffins cool down for 5 minutes in the muffin pan, then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
- Store the muffins in room temperature for a couple of days and up-to a week in refrigerator.
- Coconut oil and butter induce different levels of moisture to the muffins. Muffins tend to be on the moister side when coconut oil is used.
- The type of sweetener will also add a slight change in the texture and flavor of the Muffins.
Did you make this recipe?
Be the first one to know a new recipe
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?