Wholesome and nutritious Whole wheat flour laddo recipe is easy to make and is delicious. It is rich in nutrients and a great snack for adults. Also for kids older than a year.
These are traditional winter snack or can be a dessert, as whole wheat is filling and keeps your body warm.
Adult or kid, none can resit the aromatic, melt-in- mouth laddos made of whole wheat and jaggery.
How to make Whole wheat flour Ladoo ?
These laddos are made by dry roasting the wheat flour, and then melted ghee is added, cooked until aromatic. Once the mixture has cooled down, hot jaggery syrup is added, rolled to make a round ball.
I hope you like these laddos. They are
- nutrient packed
- & incredibly delicious
Whole wheat flour laddo (Atta laddo)
|Category :||Snack, dessert|
|Preparation Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|15 minutes||10 minutes||25 minutes|
Ingredients: 1 cup= 240 ml
- 1(1/2) cup whole wheat Flour
- 2 tsp coarsely crushed almonds/cashews
- 1 tsp raisins
- 1 cup jaggery
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1/2 cup Ghee
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Dry roast whole wheat flour in low flame for about 6-7 minutes or until it’s fragrant
- Add melted ghee to the flour while stirring, and cook for about 2-3 minutes in a low flame.
- Turn of the flame, add the dry fruits and nutmeg
- Once the flour has cooled slightly, mix the flour and jaggery syrup.
- Divide the dough into equal portions, and shape each portion into a rounded laddoo between your palm, while the mixture is still hot(bearable heat).
Preparing Jaggery Syrup:
- Take a deep bottom pan, add 3/4 cup of water and jaggery, mix well. Leave it to boil. Continue to boil for 5 more minutes, and let it thicken a bit. If the syrup is too thick laddoos get hard.
- Grease your palm before shaping the laddoos
- Make sure to dry roast in low flame to avoid burning the flour. It may turn brown, but will not be cooked thoroughly when high flame is used.
Get new recipe notification to your Mailbox
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?