Buttermilk pancakes are light and fluffy with crisp edges and golden color and have a lovely buttermilk flavor. This recipe yields super delicious and amazing pancakes every single time.
These eggless buttermilk pancakes are soft, fluffy, and tender. Whip up the batter in a few minutes and make a quick breakfast using this recipe for yourself and your family. All you need is to top them with maple syrup and get ready to indulge. Making pancakes from scratch is so easy that you don’t need to wait around for box mixes to make a perfect pancake breakfast.
How to make Buttermilk Pancakes?
Ingredients that you need to make this recipe –
- maple syrup
- leavening agents
- oil /butter
- vanilla extract
- Use Buttermilk in place of milk – buttermilk helps to create light and fluffy pancakes by activating the leavening agents well in the batter. It also provides a tangy flavor in pancakes and makes them soft and tender. If you would like to use milk in place of buttermilk or want to make a healthier pancake, you could follow this recipe.
- Don’t over mix the pancake batter. Small lumps are perfectly fine! They will normally dissolve when you give your batter some time to rest.
- Rest the batter – Give your batter a little time to rest after mixing it together.
Make the perfect batter –
To make buttermilk add 2 tsp of lime juice to 2 cups of milk and let it sit to 10 minutes to curdle.Mix all the dry ingredients with wet ingredients just until combined.
The key to getting perfect pancakes lies in the batter. Too runny batter and your buttermilk pancakes will spread out and won’t fluff up. Too thick and they will be all gluey and undercooked on the inside. The batter must be thick but it should flow slowly and nicely off of the spoon.
Rest the batter
Letting the batter rest for about 10 -15 minutes while you heat up your pan or skillet allows the oil/butter to set with the rest of the ingredients. That way, the oil/butter in the batter allows the pancakes to create air bubbles and fatten up while being cooked.
Cook the batter
Next, heat the pan on low to medium heat. This is crucial. After a minute or two add oil or butter on to the pan.
Pour 1/3rd cup of batter on to center of the pan and slowly spread a little
Allow your pancakes to cook properly! Don’t cook them on high heat, or flip them too early. Let the bottom of the pancake get that beautiful golden brown color, and only when bubbles start forming on top and around the surface they are ready to flip.
Repeat with the remaining batter.
Serve Buttermilk Pancakes with honey, maple syrup, fruit,or enjoy plain!
I hope you like Buttermilk Pancakes. It is. –
- soft and tender
- and incredibly delicious
Your valuable feedback is appreciated. If you try this recipe, leave a comment below, rate it, or tag a photo #eateriesdelightful on Instagram 🙂
- 2 cups all-purpose or plain flour
- 1 + 3/4 cups buttermilk // refer notes to make buttermilk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted or oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Combine together the flour, syrup, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large-sized bowl. add the buttermilk, slightly cooled melted butter/oil, & vanilla
- whisk the wet ingredients together first before slowly folding them into the dry ingredients. Mix together until smooth. Few lumps are okay
- Set the batter aside for 10-15 mins
- Next, heat the pan on low to medium heat. This is crucial. After a minute or two add oil or butter on to the pan.
- Pour 1/3rd cup of batter on to the center of the pan and slowly spread a little
- Allow your pancakes to cook properly! Don’t cook them on high heat, or flip them too early. Let the bottom of the pancake get that beautiful golden brown color, and only when bubbles start forming on top and around the surface they are ready to flip. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve with honey, maple syrup, fruit, or enjoy plain!
Did you make this recipe?