Rice pops or rice crisps are light and refreshing snack, that comes together in minutes. It is low-fat, nutritious, and delicious. .
In India, puffed rice is used for preparing various snacks, made with different spices. Rice crisps or puffed rice is called as ‘mandakki‘ in Kannada language. Often used in preparing the snack – ‘Churmuri’.
This 6- ingredient recipe is toddler friendly, which has right amount of crunchiness, very few spices and filled with goodness of dry fruits and nuts.
What do you need for preparing rice pops?
- Puffed rice cereal (can be puffed brown rice cereal too)
- lime juice
- black pepper or paprika
- herbs of your choice (can be dried cilantro, basil, rosemary, mint or curry leaves)
- dry fruits or nuts of your choice
How to prepare Herbed Rice Pops ?
Bring all the ingredients together, and mix along with some dry fruits and nuts. Serve immediately. Spice level can be varied using pepper or paprika, and chaat masala. Skip this if you are serving this to a year old infant. Salt is usually present in puffed rice, so I usually skip it. You can add salt on need basis.
OR put them in the oven, and it will be ready within 10 mins. This increases the shell life, and can be stored in an air tight container upto a week. I prepare this once a week, and take it along with us as a snack when needed. Makes a very good travel snack for my little one.
Hope you like the herbed rice pops . They are –
- & delicious
Herbed Rice Pops
- 2 cups puffed rice cereal
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1½ tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 tsp of dried cilantro and basil
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala (optional)
- 2 tbsp rasins or dried blueberries
- 1 tbsp finely chopped cashews or peanuts
- In a large bowl, mix lime juice with cumin, pepper, and herbs.
- Add puffed rice cereal to the mixture, and gently mix.
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 F, spread the mixture in a tray lightly and cook for 6-8 mins.
- Allow the rice crisps to cool down, and store in an air tight container.