I make coconut chutney in the morning whenever we have Indian breakfast. I add cilantro for freshness, and some chilies for spice, and blend everything with fresh shredded coconut. Quite easy and. But there are days when I run out of stocked coconut in the freezer, then I make peanut chutney to go with soft Idlis!
Why peanut chutney?
It adds variety to your meal, makes your meal more flavourful and it is has nutrients, such as antioxidants, iron, magnesium, and fiber. You can also make variations to this chutney by adding coconut or some cilantro ( For me, no Indian meal is complete with cilantro in it!)
So, when you are out of coconut, make this rich and creamy peanut chutney and no peanuts at home? make coconut chutney!
How to make Peanut Chutney
Saute red chilis, garlic, peanuts until aromatic.
Blend it together with tamarind water. Add coconut if necessary.
Finally, add salt and seasoning. Adjust the spice if needed. You can add red paprika if want to spice up the chutney. Serve along with any south Indian breakfast delicacies.
|Prep Time :||5 minutes|
|Cook Time :||5 minutes|
|Total Time :||10 minutes|
Ingredients: 1cup =240 ml
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1-2 red chillies
- 1/4 cup tamarind water
- 1/4 cup coconut (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1-2 tsp oil
- 6-8 curry leaves (optional)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- pinch of hing
- 1 red chilli
- 3-4 curry leaves
- soak lemon sized tamarind piece in water. When tamarind gets soft, squeeze the tamarind and retain the water.
- heat oil in a pan, add garlic, peanuts, red chilli and saute for 2-3 minutes or until aromatic.
- In a blender, add roasted peanuts, garlic, chillies, tamarind water, and coconut. Blend until you get smooth consistency.
- Next, heat oil in a pan, and prepare the seasoning. Let the mustard seeds crackle, and urad dal turn golden. Add pinch of hing and season the chutney
Get new recipe notification to your Mailbox
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?