Sesame seeds coated chocolate bliss balls are healthy and very nutritious, and this recipe is pure bliss. These bliss balls make a perfect go-to little snack during the week or a healthy dessert. They’re also wholesome and so easy to make.
All you need is 7 ingredients and 15 minutes(plus more if you are rolling) to make these bliss balls – Medjool dates, oats, almond flour, flax seeds powder, cocoa powder, butter and sesame seeds. So they’re dairy free, gluten free and refined sugar free!
Throw them all together at the beginning of the week and keep these healthy little bites on hand all week long. They are also great as a post-workout snack or as a snack for kids too. My little one loves it! And, can be made instantly!.
How to make Chocolate Bliss Balls ?
Date is naturally-sweetened, you can use as a sweetener for anything. I like to make the syrup ahead and use them for coffees and desserts. In the recipe, we use dates as sweetener for bliss balls.
Take few medjool dates in a bowl and cover them with hot water. Let them soak for a few minutes, so they get nice & soft. Fresh dates are soft enough to pulse, but soaking them really makes them easy to pulse up.
Next, dry roast oats, sesame seeds, and flax seeds, chia seeds for few mins, and then ground them together. Add in dates if you are using a food processor.
I made syrup separately and then combined it with roasted mixture. Add butter and heat it for couple of minutes.
When the mixture is still warm, roll mixture into approximately 8 bite-sized balls and roll in sesame seeds. You can use shredded coconut for rolling too.
I hope you like chocolate bliss balls. They’re –
- Gluten and sugar free
- and truly blissful
Your valuable feedback is appreciated. If you try this recipe, leave a comment below, rate it, or tag a photo #eateriesdelightful on Instagram 🙂
You may also like –
Chocolate Bliss Ball
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds plus more for rolling
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp dry coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp Almond powder
- 1 + 1/4 tbsp cocoa powder I used unsweetened
- 8-10 Medjool dates 6-8 large ones
- 1 tbsp Jaggery or maple syrup optional, add it for extra sweetness
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Soak dates in a bowl of hot water and set aside for few mins
- Heat the pan on medium flame, and roast oats, sesame seeds, flax seeds, chia seeds until aromatic (takes about 5 mins). Allow the mixture to cool down
- In a blender, ground the roasted mixture into fine powder or coarse based on your preference. I grounded them slightly coarse for textured bliss balls.
- Next, puree the soaked dates with very little water.
- Heat the pan again, combine grounded mixture with date syrup and almond flour and saute for 2-3 minutes in low flame. Add butter or oil for moisture.
- When the mixture is still warm, make round shaped balls, and roll them over sesame seeds.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, and let them firm up and store it in an airtight container.
- It stays good for up to 5 days. Trust me, it doesn’t last that long 😋
- Instead of whole rolled oats, you can use oats flour and flaxseed meal and skip STEP 3. Just make sure to dry roast it before combining it with syrup. Dry roasting the flour makes the bliss balls aromatic.
- Instead of sesame seeds, you can coat them with coconut shavings too.
Did you make this recipe?