Almond and buckwheat flour laddoo or truffle is very easy to prepare and needs few basic ingredients. Almond flour, buckwheat flour, jaggery or coconut sugar, butter or clarified butter, coconut shavings. That’s it!
In India, buckwheat flour is known as kuttu ka atta. These truffles are a good option during festivities or fasting. Because of an impressive nutritional profile of Buckwheat, it leaves you loaded for a really long time.
Roasted buckwheat flour has a nutty aroma combined with coconut sugar or jaggery syrup gives a truffle like texture and feel in the mouth. I added almond flour to make the recipe rich in nutrition.
By substituting butter with coconut oil, you have dairy free dessert for yourself and family, and it is gluten free!
PIN IT –
Almond Buckwheat flour Truffles
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 cup jaggery or 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup ghee or coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg (optional)
- 1 tbsp chopped roasted cashews (optional)
- 1 tsp raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup coconut shavings
- In a deep bottom pan, add buckwheat flour and roast in low flame for 6-8 minutes.
- Add almond flour and 1/4 cup of ghee. Continue cooking in low flame for another 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ghee, mix roasted cashews and raisins. Stir well. Flour will be sticky and will be like a lump.
- Allow the mixture to cool a bit.
- Now, add the hot jaggery syrup slowly, little by little. Mix well.
- Grease your palm with oil, take 1 tbsp of mixture, roll it in your plam to get a round shape. [Mixture should be still hot(tolerable heat ].
- Roll the truffle in coconut shavings, and place it in plate.
- Allow it to set. Repeat the same for rest of the mixture.
Roasting cashews:- Heat the pan in medium flame, add 1 tbsp of ghee, when the ghe is hot, add cashews and roasted untill both the sides are golden.
Jaggery Syrup: Bring 3/4th cup of water to boil, add the jaggery. Allow it to boil completely and continue boiling for another 5-6 minutes. Syrup should be thick. String like consistency is not required. Thicker the syrup, harder the truffles will be when they set.
Coconut Sugar:Follow the same steps, as that of jaggery
Did you make this recipe?
Keep in touch?