Majjige Huli(spiced buttermilk curry) is prepared with very minimal ingredients (Mangalore style). It has mild spicy and sour taste, one of my favorite go-to comfort food. This curry can be prepared using cucumber, tindora, cowpea, potatoes and beans, bell pepper as well.
- 1/4 piece Ash gourd or 1/2 Mangalore cucumber
- 1 cup grated cucumber
- 1-2 green chilli, depending on the spice level
- 1/2 cup thick curd
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 dried red chiili
- Salt per taste
1. Wash and cut the vegetable into medium sized cubes. Place the cut vegetables in a large pot along with water for cooking them. Water should just be enough to cover the cut vegetable.
2. There are two ways to prepare the gravy – a) grind coconut and chilli into a thick paste ( add 2-3 tbsp of water), boil it and then add whipped thick curd. b) grind coconut and chillis along with thick curd without adding any water.
3. Bring the above prepared paste to a quick boil, and add cooked vegetable along with some vegetable boiled water, if needed ( turn off the stove when one bubble is formed)
4. Tempere the gravy with red chilli and mustard seeds.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?