Potato and black eyed peas curry is a healthy and creamy delicious curry prepared in a cooker or insta pot. It is vegan and is perfect to enjoy with steaming rice or flat breads.
- 1/2 cup black eyed peas or (canned black eyed peas)
- 1/2 cup chopped potato
- 1 roma tomato
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 inch ginger
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 4 cloves
- 6-8 black pepper
- 2 green chillis
- 1 tsp dry mango powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp oil
1. Soak black eyed peas overnight (or 1-2 hrs) and drain and rinse . I prefer soaking them overnight as they cook faster. Put the peas, potato, and salt in a pressure cooker along with salt and water. Give one whistle.
2. I like the smell of fresh coriander, so I added 1 cup of leaves and 1 tomato. Two tomatoes and 2-3 tbsp of chopped leaves can be added instead. Blend ginger,tomatoes,cumin,coconut, cloves, black pepper,coriander leaves, green chiilis along with 2-3 tbsp of cooked black eyed peas water(this helps gravy thicken). You can dilute the paste by adding more water once ithe paste is smooth
3. take a deep bottom pan, heat oil and add the paste, turmeric powder, garlic powder and saute for a minute. Now add boiled peas and poatoes and let the gravy boil for a minute. Add salt and mix well.
4. serve hot with roti or rice.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?