One hearty dish, filling meal consisting of whole grains, veggies, protein and dressing/spices. Also toppings like nuts and seeds are added to enhance the flavour and texture of Roasted Sweet Potato Quinoa Bowl
Beauty of these grain bowls is that they are adaptable. You can make use of whatever you have and swap out different ingredients for variety. Most of the time, I end up making these bowls with leftover veggies and it tastes amazing with the right dressing. I had cooked mung bean sprouts available, so roasted sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts, and made this delicious bowl. Comes together in 30 mins. Perfect for weeknight dinner.
How to make Roasted Sweet Potato Quinoa Bowl ?
Wash and Rinse Quinoa until water is clear.
I used Instapot for making Quinoa as it is very convenient. You can make it on stove pot, 1:2 is quinoa to water ratio for stove top.
In the meantime, preheat oven to 425F and coat oil,salt, pepper, garlic, and basil on cut sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts.
Cook them for 20-25 mins in the oven. Toss and turn the vegetable every 10 mins until tender.
You can use fresh mung bean sprouts for the bowl or substitute with canned chickpea. I had pre-cooked mung sprouts already. On pressure cooker it takes 1 whistle and 4 minutes on instapot. Toss the sprouts in turmeric, ginger, garlic, and pepper.
I was out of greens. Spinach, kale can be used in the bowl.
I used lemon tahini dressing this time. Very simple dressing, don’t worry if you are out of tahini, you can still make this sauce with roasted sesame. It’s oil free and super easy to make with handful of ingredients. Sesame, garlic, lemon, pepper,salt, and maple syrup/honey (optional)
SKIP THIS STEP if you have TAHINI.
Dry roast sesame for 5-10 mins. Do not brown it. Then put all the ingredients(except maple syrup/honey) in the blender, and blend until smooth. Water is used for thinning the sauce.
Once, you have the veggies ready, Place Quinoa, avocado, roasted veggies, sprouts in a bowl, and then add dressing based on your preference. Also you can top the bowl with seeds and berries
Your valuable feedback is appreciated. If you try this recipe, leave a comment below, rate it, or tag a photo #eateriesdelightful on Instagram 🙂
If you like quinoa, check out the other Quinoa Bowl Recipes
Roasted Sweet Potato Quinoa Bowl
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup chopped sweet potato
- 1/2 cup chopped brussel sprouts
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup soaked mung bean OR
- 1/4 cup canned chickpeas or
- 1/4 cup canned beans
- seeds and dry fruits optional topping
- 2 tbsp high heat resistant oil
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp dried herb thyme or basil
- 1/4 cup white hulled sesame or
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 4 tbsp plus more water to thin the dressing
- 5-6 roasted cashews
- 1 garlic clove
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp honey
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven 425F.
Cook quinoa over stove top –
- Takes about 15 minutes. wash and rinse quinoa, add 1/2 cup quinoa to 1 cup water. Add tsp oil and cook until you see white germ line.
- Drain excess water(if any)
Cook Quinoa in instant pot :
- grease the inner pot, add rinsed quinoa and water together. Pressure cook for 1 minute.
Roast vegetables :
- Wash and chop vegetables.
- Mix oil with salt, pepper, garlic, ginger. Coat all over the vegetables. Lay them on the baking tray. Leave sufficient space between the vegetables, so they get cooked evenly.
- Cook them for about 25 minutes tossing every 10 minutes.
- If you are using Mung sprouts, then you can opt to cook along with quinoa or separately. You can pressure cook on stove top for one whistle.
- Have the chopped avocado ready
- Dry roast sesame seeds on low flame for 5-6 minutes.
- In a blender, add sesame seeds and cashews. Ground them first, then add garlic, lemon, salt and pepper. Add water to blend smoothly. Add honey. You can thin the dressing by adding more water based on your preference.
- Adjust salt and pepper if needed.I add dried herbs to the dressing as well.
- In a bowl, place cooked quinoa, roasted veggies, mung bean,avocado.
- Top it with dressing and serve immediately.
- Spice it up with red chilli flakes(if needed)
Did you make this recipe?
Get new recipes delivered directly to your inbox
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?