Healthy Banana Nut Bread
A Classic Banana nut bread recipe loaded with banana flavor and chopped walnuts. It bakes up tender, moist, and dense.
- 2+1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 very ripe bananas 1+3/4 cup to 2 cups approximately
- 1/2 cup milk or yogurt
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2/3 cup maple syrup // or 1/3 cup honey + 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp brewed coffee or 1 tsp instant coffee mixed with 2 tsp warm water
- 1+1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice or nutmeg and clove powder
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 9*5 loaf pan and set aside.
In a bowl, add mashed bananas (I used a mixer to mash it, no lumps) and all the wet ingredients together
Next, add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, salt and combine. Fold in chopped nuts.
Pour the batter onto a greased tray, and bake for 62-65 mins or until a toothpick comes clean. Loosely cover the bread with aluminum foil at 35 minutes mark to prevent the top from getting too brown. The bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. few moist crumbs are okay. This may be before or after 1 hour depending on your oven, so begin checking every 5 minutes at the 55-minute mark or so.
Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for at least 10 minutes. Carefully transfer the loaf to a wire rack to cool before slicing.
- feel free to add any toppings of your choice. You can add raisins, chocolate chips, or oats.