Chocolate Coconut Muffins
Coconut lovers, this chocolate chip double coconut muffin recipe is for you. They are so fun and tropical, thanks to pistachios, chocolate chip & shredded coconut you will find on the muffin tops and inside.
- 1+1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 + 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 +1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup dried shredded coconut + more for topping
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chopped or crushed pistachios + more for topping
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup agave syrup or maple syrup
.1. Pre-heat oven to 430F.
In a bowl, add all wet ingredients together. Combine.
Next, Add flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, chopped pistachios, shredded coconut and mix until everything is just combined
4.Place the liners in the muffin pan . Pour the batter onto each liner. Bake at 430 F for 5 mins. Bring down oven temperature to 350F and bake for another 18-20 mins. Or until toothpick comes clean.
Let the muffins cool down for 5 minutes in the muffin pan, then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
Store the muffins in room temperature for a couple of days and up-to a week in refrigerator.
- Coconut oil and butter induce different levels of moisture to the muffins. Muffins tend to be on the moister side when coconut oil is used.
- The type of sweetener will also add a slight change in the texture and flavor of the Muffins.