no-milk oats porridge for babies
- 1/2 cup organic rolled oats or 4 tbsp powdered oats
- 1 finely chopped organic Medjool date or 1 tsp homemade date puree
- pinch of organic cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup water or more if needed
Rinse the oats.
In a pan bring water to boil, add oats, and finely chopped date.
cover the pan, and cook for about 15 mins in low flame, until oats is very soft
Add a pinch of cinnamon, and mix well.
remove from the flame, allow to cool, and transfer to the bowl
- Medjool date is low fat and packed with nutrients, they have rich, caramel-like taste, soft and chewy texture. They are larger than regular dates. Pick organic one whenever possible.
- Almond powder can be added
- For older babies, other dry fruits can be added.