A delicate melt in the mouth dessert, shaped round, and made with roasted semolina infused with coconut, including aromatic spices
- 1 cup rava
- 1/2 cup sugar // if you like desserts extra sweet, refer notes for instruction.
- 1 tsp powdered cloves
- 5 tbsp ghee or coconut oil for vegan option
- 2 tbsp roasted cashews
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp milk (optional) or non-dairy milk
Add tbsp of ghee on a heated pan, and roast rava in low flame for 8-10 mins.let it cool down to room temperature
Bring sugar and water to boil. Boil for 5 minutes in medium flame.
Add rava to the sugar syrup. Mix well. Add ghee , roasted cashews and raisins , & flavoring spice.
turn off the flame and mix well so no lumps are formed.
Allow the mixture to cool down a little. Take tbsp of mixture on to your greased palm, and make rounded shaped ball. Don’t worry if mixture doesn’t hold well. Laddo will get firmer as it cools down. Alternatively, you can refrigerate for 30 mins till it holds shape. Another option is to add 1-2 tbsp milk,
Store it in air-tight container upto a week in room-temperature
- If you like the Laddu sweeter, Use 3/4 cup sugar and half cup water for 1 cup Rava
- Coconut Rava Laddu : Add 1/4 cup of dessicated coconut and roast it along with Rava. Increase the sugar amount to 3/4 cup and water to 1/2 cup. Rest of the steps remain the same.
- Make sure to roast rava in low flame.
- You can either use fine or coarse variety sooji. Adding a tbsp of milk once the mixture is taken off the stove helps in binding.