Quick Crunchy snack made using Flattened rice, peanuts, cashews, spices and curry leaves
- 2 cups thin poha
- 2-3 tbsp oil or ghee
- 1/4 cup raisin
- 1/4 cup roasted cashews
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 1 tsp turmeric
- pinch of hing
- 1 tsp red chilli powder // add more to spice up the dish
- 2 tbsp brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1-2 tbsp dry coconut // optional
- salt to taste
OVEN: Preheat to 350F, and dry roast poha, cashews, and peanuts for 15 mins. Stir every 6-7 mins.
STOVE TOP: Heat nonstick pan, dry roast poha for 6-7 mins. Next roast peanuts and cashews until they are golden brown. Transfer it to a large bowl.
Next, heat tsp of oil or ghee in the pan, roast raisins until they puff up. Keep them aside.
To the same pan, add more oil, reduce the heat to low. add curry leaves, hing, and turmeric red chilli powder and mix well.
Transfer the tempering to the bowl, add salt and sugar. Mix until combined
- Adjust the spices based on your preference.
- Skip the chilli powder if you are giving this to a toddler