Thai-inspired crunchy quinoa peanut salad has quinoa loaded with vibrantly colored cabbage, carrots, bell peppers, green onion, cilantro & edamame, tossed in delicious homemade peanut sauce, and topped with sesame seeds and salted/toasted peanuts sesame seeds. This salad with peanut sauce will definitely be your new addition.
A few years ago, my husband and I had a delicious Thai – style salad tossed in peanut sauce. Since then I have been making peanut sauce at home and it has only been improving in taste over time. I usually toss rice noodles in peanut sauce, add whatever vegetables are available in the refrigerator for making a quick meal. Swapped noodles with quinoa for a healthier recipe. It is also vegan and soy-free.
How to make Crunchy Quinoa Peanut Salad?
Use stovetop or IP to cook quinoa. Use package instruction to cook quinoa on stove top. If you are using IP, cook 1 cup quinoa with 1.25 cups of water with tsp of salt & water for 1 minute.
Once the quinoa is cooked, allow to cool.
Chop the veggies and place them in a large salad mixing bowl.
Prepare the dressing using peanut butter, coconut aminos, sesame oil, rice vinegar, ginger, sweetener, lime juice & red chili flakes.
Toss this dressing over veggies and quinoa. Gently mix to combine.
Top the salad with toasted peanuts and sesame seeds for the crunch.
You may also like –
Your valuable feedback is appreciated. If you try this recipe, leave a comment below, rate it, or tag a photo #eateriesdelightful on Instagram 🙂
Crunchy Quinoa Peanut Salad
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 thinly sliced bell pepper red, yellow or green
- 2 shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup edamame or peas or chickpeas
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- peanuts and sesame seeds for topping
- Salt to taste
Peanut Dressing –
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos soy sauce substitute
- Juice of 1 key lime
- 1 tsp rice vinegar or apple cider
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or brown sugar or honey
- Red chilli flakes to taste
- 1 tsp ginger I used 2 tsp because I like ginger 😬
- 2-3 tbsp warm water add more if needed
- Cook quinoa as per the pack, add salt while cooking. If you are using IP, 1:1 water to quinoa, pressure cook for 1 minute. Allow it to cook
- Chop the veggies and place them in a large bowl.
- Prepare the dressing – whisk all the ingredients together or you can use blender to combining the ingredients. I skipped salt in the dressing. Add if needed.
- Combine quinoa, dressing and vegetables. Top it with peanuts and sesame seeds. Let the salad rest for atleast 10 mins. You can serve it at room temperature or as a cold salad.
Did you make this recipe?