Badam Burfi – Almond Fudge is an Indian sweet which is delicately flavored by almonds. It is rich and delicious, and can be made within 20 minutes. Lighten up any festival with this easy to make instant dessert. It requires only handful of ingredients and is vegan.
Most of the Indian sweets require accuracy, skills and time to make. When I have guests over, I usually make Kesari Bath or Badam Barfi. You can’t go wrong with either of these two. Badam Burfi is no-brainer. All you need to do is cook Almond flour in sugar syrup for a few minutes, and then roll it out, and cut it into desired shape. We love pistachios and saffron flavour in the Burfi. Rosewater and cardamom can be used for flavoring. When you are out of Almond flour, just soak almonds in hot water, peel the skin, dry roast the almonds in a pan, and then powder it.
Trust me when I say this, this sweet will be cherished and enjoyed by everyone in your family.And the best part you can adjust the sweetness of the burfi by varying the sugar amount you use. I prefer lightly sweetened burfi.
How to make Badam Burfi ?
In a pan, bring sugar, saffron, water to boil.
Add almond powder and tbsp of Almond milk.
Add tbsp of vegan butter. Cook in low flame for 10-15 mins stirring continuously or until mixture starts to leave the pan.
Another tip : Take a small portion of dough and roll it into a ball. If it sticking to your fingers, then it is like Halwa. Continue cooking further until it is non-sticky.
Allow the mixture to cool down for a few minutes.
Knead and roll it out. Add chopped nuts and roll out lightly.
Slice to square or diamond shaped burfis.
I hope you like the recipe. It is –
- Easy to make
- & Incredibly delicious.
Badam Burfi |Almond Fudge
|Prep Time :||5 minutes|
|Cook Time :||15 minutes|
|Total Time :||20 minutes|
Ingredients: 1 cup = 240 ml
- 1cup + (1/4) cup Almond flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp almond milk or whole milk
- 1 tsp vegan butter or ghee (optional)
- 2 tbsp coarsely powdered pistachios
- 7-8 saffron threads
- In a pan, bring sugar, saffron, and water to boil.
- Reduce the flame to ‘low’, add almond flour, milk and mix everything together so there are no lumps
- Continues stirring for a few mins. Add butter and gently mix with spatula. Around 8-10 mins later, you can form a non sticky ball from the mixture. Mixture will leave the pan much earlier than that
- Allow cool and then transfer the mixture on to a parchment paper. Knead the dough and then place another sheet of parchment paper, roll it out using rolling pin into 1/8-1/4 inch thickness.
- Sprinkle powered pistachios on the top and then cut it into desired shape.
- Store it in refrigerator upto a week.
Note: longer the mixture is cooked harder it gets
Keep in touch?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?