Today I am sharing my favorite ‘basic’ granola recipe. Its is straightforward, simple and quite easy to make, with ingredients you almost certainly keep in your pantry. This granola makes a wonderful snack or breakfast – adding it with your choice of milk/yogurt and fruit will help to create a more balanced breakfast. Yummm!
This is an healthy recipe with goodness of whole grains and nuts. It is also naturally sweetened and chemical free! It also stores beautifully in an airtight container. We see aisles full of these in supermarkets, but nothing beats a homemade granola for its simplicity and fresh taste.
This 8-ingredient granola is infused with coconut, crunchy and perfectly sweetened.
How to make toasted coconut granola?
It’s so simple that you will laugh! Hardly takes 5 minutes 😀
The base is rolled oats, slivered almonds, and shredded coconut. You can also use flaky coconuts for extra texture. Mix all the dry ingredients together and keep it ready.
Next, heat jaggery syrup along with oil and vanilla extract for 2-3 minutes.
Mix in the syrup with dry ingredients and bake it for 20 mins. Do Not stir while baking for chunkier granola. I stirred them because I wanted them thin.
Sprinkle it with dried raisins or cranberries. That’s it.
I hope you like Toasted Coconut granola. We sure love it. It is –
- perfectly sweetened
- coconut infused
- loaded with nutrients
- & delicious
If you try the recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag a photo #harshrurecipes on Instagram. Cheers!
Toasted Coconut Granola
|Prep Time :||3-4 minutes|
|Cook Time :||20 minutes|
|Total Time :||20 minutes|
Ingredients: 1 cup =240 ml
- 1(1/2) cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dried shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar(or jaggery or date syrup)
- 1/4 cup jaggery syrup or maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- handful of dried raisins (or any other dried fruit of your choice)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or clarified butter
- Preheat oven for 350 F.
- In a bowl mix in rolled oats, coconut, sugar, slivered almonds, and salt.
- Heat jaggery syrup, oil and vanilla extract for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour it immediately over dry ingredients, combine until all the ingredients are coated well. Arrange on a large baking sheet and spread into a even layer
- Bake for 20 minutes. Turn the pan around, do not stir so you have chunky granola. Bake for another 3-4 minutes. It will be golden brown and fragrant.
- Let cool completely. Add dried fruit to the pan while the granola is cooling.
- Store it in an airtight container
when spreading on the pan, oats need to be a little crowded in the pan so they can stick together, and also toast evenly.
- you can add coconut flakes,pecans and amp up the sweetness.
- Add chocolate chips after baking
- Spice up the granola with cinnamon and warming spices that you love – ground nutmeg, cloves, or ginger.
- If you want chunkier granola, do not stir while baking, and thickening the syrup for a while longer helps.
Keep in touch?